Thursday, December 4, 2008

I didn't have much time to recover from the Paris whirlwind because the very next day my friend Christi came to visit. She's from Homer, Alaska as well and had been traveling around for awhile with Morgan and fancied a visit to Scotland. Since I still had classes I left Christi to herself on Tuesday and she ended up addicted to the Twilight book series, of which I had two lying around my room. That was all well and good because I was very addicted to them and had moved on to the third one. Of course we didn't just read the whole time, so once we had peeled our eyes off the pages of our beloved books we headed into town with the rugby girls for a night out. Our game for Wednesday had been canceled but we never miss out on a reason to party. They embraced Christi into the graffiti party and soon our white shirts were covered in all sort of endearing and derogatory comments in bright marker. Complete with metallic party hats, we looked quite frightful but decided to brave the stares of passersby and return to Wavell.


We had taught the group to play an American drinking game called beer pong where you throw ping-pong balls into plastic cups on a table. They loved it! The night ended up to be quite the memory complete with the guys trying to steal my mattress (which was Christi's bed at the time) and a large number of plastic gold beads scattered on my floor.

No comments: