Current Location: Green Chair - C-Street - Greencastle - Indiana
Goodness it has been quite awhile since my last post. I hope everything is going wonderful in your lives out there, and I definitely want to hear all about it so e-mail, write, whatever often.
As for me... life has been interesting. Kind of up and down for a little while. There has been a big upswing in my art class as we have stopped painting cardboard boxes and have moved on to much more exciting and beautiful things. I believe my painting skills have improved but I guess I'll have to post some pictures and you can decide for yourself.
Computer Science has been excellent as well, even with the threatening exam in the near future. I actually finished the two hour lab assigned in 45 minutes...which made my day since I got an hour and fifteen minutes of napping before rugby.
This last weekend was fantastic. I'm sure the fact that my math test was over, for better or worse, made the whole weekend that much better. Friday night was spent with my roommate Olivia at my first party on campus. It actually reminded me a lot of parties at home, except it was inside and there was no bonfire. The people though, the people definitely seemed similar to those from home. I really liked getting out of C-Street for a while and meeting some new friends. We had a lot of fun that night, took a million pictures and stayed up until 4.
Staying up 'til 4 was not a good idea when I had to wake up three hours later and drive to Indy with the rugby teams. The girls didn't actually have a game but we were there to support the guys through their three or four games. It was so hot out though, and because I'm an idiot I had to have worn jeans. Basically I just sprawled out on the field and tried to move as little as possible. I got a little sunburnt that day, but also had the pleasure (ugh!) of seeing a Zulu run in action. Basically, if a guy scores his first try (kind of like a touchdown) he has to run around the field completely naked. Yeah.... that was very funny and a little disturbing.
After the games we ended up at Irish Fest in downtown Indy. It's a lot like Concert on the Lawn back home but with an Irish theme instead of Woodstock. The girls and guys rugby teams ended up bonding pretty well there so hopefully we can be closer than those teams of the past. It was really fun scrimmaging with them at practice so I'm hoping that will happen more often too.
So that is all for now... I'm sad that our Mariner boys didn't beat SoHi, but there's still a shot for state so if you are in the Homer vicinity, cheer extra loud at the games for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment