First day of classes was a success despite frantically dashing up five flights of stairs to get to my first class, deciding it was too much effort and taking the elevator for the next two floors to arrive eight minutes late. No worries, Kiwis are laid back and it was no big deal.
It might have been the bright sunny day or the extra protein in my ham and egg omelet, but I absolutely loved my courses, all three of them, a lot. The lecturers were interesting and put some effort into their presentations to evoke reactions from us, their captive audience. I hope that this interest in school will continue, and in two of them we'll be rotating lecturers throughout the term so I shouldn't get too complacent or bored. I think it's the subject of my courses to be honest; after staring at a computer screen programming for so long it's nice to be thinking about trees and animals and nature again. So glad I declared that second major of Environmental Science before I left. It was worth all the trouble now that I'm here in the south island, soaking up the natural beauty of this place.
I was also in a good mood because one of my lecturers used a Lord of the Rings reference in his opening bit for the course. Woot!
No comments:
Post a Comment