Current Location: Couch - Sarah's Place - Paris!
Eeeek! I'm in Paris!!
That's what I've been thinking about every three minutes since I've gotten off the plane last night. I spent a bit in the airport waiting for Sarah, but then she showed up with her friend Pierre and we took a taxi into the city. We went to her friend's place and stayed up 'til 5:30 in the morning, when the metro opened again. All of her friend's are French and though they all speak a little English only Pierre speaks it regularly. It would be so nice to know enough French to have a conversation, but I still enjoyed being there immensely, just sitting and soaking it all in. You never know how much you can understand by just body language and inflection until you're put in a situation like this... and it's amazing! I especially enjoyed when Davey started doing magic tricks because he was really good and clearly enjoyed entertaining us. The guys all liked a lot of classic rock too, so it was great fun to sing along together. I have just had so much fun the whole time I've been here and can't wait for the Thanksgiving dinner we are cooking tonight! Sarah's place is this beautiful apartment with big windows overlooking the courtyard and paintings all over, so I don't mind at all that we haven't yet left the house today. Honestly, I think this is the best way to experience Paris!
No comments:
Post a Comment