Current Location: Gate A7 - London Heathrow Airport
Wowzer, it has been one of those days. You know those days when you have an impossible number of things to do in a tiny amount of time and for some reason you don't write it all down because it's so much better to stress yourself out by repeating the list in your head over and over so you don't forget anything? Yeah, I had one of those. I suppose it was all because of this essay I had to write for my Environmental Systems course. I've been trying to write it all week and spend the past two nights tortuously scrawling out something decent to turn in, which is unfortunate as this essay counts for 80% of my grade for the course. But it is done, and turned in, and there's nothing more I can do about it.... thank goodness!
Thank goodness especially because I am on my way to Paris! In an act of spontanuity, I bought a plane ticket last week to visit my friend Sarah who's studying there for the year. We're going to celebrate Thanksgiving together! By the way, Happy Thanksgiving! Hope your dinner was better than the shockingly tasteless chicken salad I had on the last flight. Honestly, I'm not a picky eater and I've got no expectations for airplane food... but I could not bring myself to eat all of that "chicken". Perhaps we'll have something nice on this next flight...
By the way, I almost didn't make my last flight. It was a horrible dejavu nightmare of the London to Aberdeen debacle, except this time there was no suitcase to blame it on. I left Hillhead at 2:30pm to make a 3:20pm bus to the airport for my flight that was at 5:15pm. But no, the bus was fifteen minutes late and then we proceeded to stop at every single bus stop between the city center and the airport. I was just sitting there thinking, "This cannot be happening, there's no way!!" and I honestly started feeling ill just thinking about missing this flight. Luckily I flew off the bus and was speedily checked in with the help of a nice attendent and made it just fine. I met up with Mary who's an American in my study abroad program who was on her way to meet up with family in London, so we sat together on the flight and chatted about how much we didn't want to leave Scotland. It was a pleasant flight, but I'll be looking forward to a bit more time to try to relax from this crazy stressful day.
My flight's boarding now... so I'll post again while I'm in Paris! Going to the mainland for the first time, woot!
No comments:
Post a Comment