Happy Late Halloween!
Since I didn’t have any classes on Friday I spent nice morning waiting in eager anticipation for everyone to come home from classes. I love Halloween and I honestly still get excited for it just like when I was young. There’s something about dressing up that will never get old for me. Gill and I decided to go to rugby since we felt guilty about skipping on Wednesday, so we had very little time to get ready once we were back. I was just so super exicted that it took me forever to get my fake eyelashes glued on cause my hand were shaking slightly. Once they were securely in place it was just a matter of slipping on my dress and dousing myself in glitter to become:
Tinkerbell!
The guys actually found it entertaining to squish the nasty fake blood stuff onto the non-zombie people throughout the evening so as the night went on, I became a more and more scary/maimed/dead Tinkerbell. That stuff would not come off either! Ugh!
We went to Liquid, a club known for being popular with first-years, which was completely packed with the most crazy assortment of costumed people I’ve ever seen. I honestly enjoyed looking at everyone’s costumes more than I did dancing in my new heels that ended up crippling me by the end of the night. I suppose my favorite was a guy dressed up in a Dalek costume, a character from the Doctor Who television series. I think I was a little too excited but the guy, Stephen, was very nice about letting me take a picture.
So yeah, Jenny-Shannon-Liz, that one is for you guys. Rock on TARDUS-style!
I danced until my feet were hurting too much to continue, cursing myself for thinking I could pull off the giant wedges I had bought that matched my dress. At least I hadn't tried to wear the pink stiletto heels... I'd probably have tripped and severely injured myself before even making it to the club! All in all it was a good night ending with a tasty Margherita pizza, a horribly long wait in the taxi queue, and the wonderful feeling of taking off those ridiculous shoes.
I actually didn't fall asleep after getting back home. As tired as I was, I still wanted breakfast and thought it would be better to just stay up for forty-five minutes. It was completely dead that morning and I felt a little self-conscious eating by myself, fake eyelashes still in place and smudges of that nasty blood stuff stubbornly remaining. Saturday was useless after that, but a good Halloweeen is always worth a wasted next day!
No comments:
Post a Comment