Current Location: Bed - Homer - Alaska
Still working away in Homer. I've been deckhanding the last few days which has been great, even if the weather hasn't cooperated. Definitely had people hanging over the sides of the Irish every day so far. Still, most of them enjoyed their time out there and we always limited out on fish, even getting some crew fish for myself now that we're allowed to keep them too. I love being out on the water and I love that I get paid to be out there. Best job in the world as far as I'm concerned.
I got to go out on the town this last Sunday and spent a fabulous night at Alice's Champagne Palace dancing the night away to CTTC's last gig of the year. Good friends, good times and even better music. The James Torme Band was in town too and picked up the instruments as Ethan, Dan, Haven and Patrick left the stage one by one, then continued playing for another excruiating twenty minutes or more. I thought I was going to have to keep dancing until my legs gave out and I simply crumpled to the floor to be trampled on by those with more fortitude than myself. Luckily the music stopped, leaving an empty feeling and a single note ringing in my ears for the next two days. I'll certainly miss the rockin' times I've had listening to CTTC, watching them get better and better. I wish them all the luck in the world.
Now I'm just typing to put off all the work I have to do. Must stop.
No comments:
Post a Comment