Thursday, September 11, 2008

Current Location: Window Seat - Astor Quest Hostel - London

Made it again! After leaving my safe little airport bench, I got lost on the way to the Underground and had to ask directions. Luckily the actual ride was uneventful, aside from being very excited about every glimpse of houses or cars driving the opposite direction. Overhearing conversations has been great fun as well, can't get over the accents yet! So after I got off the train, I definitely was having problems finding the hostel. I just kept asking different people for directions and got to it eventually. I must say, I am thrilled I didn't bring any more stuff because I wouldn't have made it. I love my new backpack but I can't wait to unload in Aberdeen. I'm not used to this living out of a bag thing. Also, our room is on the fifth floor which is no fun to climb up with 37 pounds of stuff on your back.

The hostel is cute, tiny staircases and cool painted walls. I'm in the lounge right now, but I feel a little intrusive with all the other more regular guests here watching House. Oh well, I'm not in the mood to be social right now anyways.

No comments: