Saturday, September 27, 2008

Current Location: Bed - Wavell House - Aberdeen

I believe that my floormates have successfully converted me into one of them. I think I'm quite lucky to be experiencing my second freshman year! I'm pretty sure I can keep up with them too, since I've never been one for growing up. I kept up with them last night anyways. We decided to go down to the beach... at 9 o'clock at night. Since no one believed that I knew where I was going, we wandered towards a different beach that took 45 minutes to get to. We also had to cross a golf course which ended up with one less flag at the end of the night. No it wasn't me that stole it, and it wasn't even my idea!

Once we finally got to the beach we were a bit split on whether to jump in and swim around or play rugby on the sand. We compromised by having about half the people jump in the water and then playing rugby for just a couple of tries before heading home. The water was freezing since it's the North Sea and all. Still, my team (I got to be a captain, along with Gillian, the other woman rugger) and I were able to warm up enough to beat the other team. I had a great time on the beach but the walk back was not as enjoyable in damp clothes and sandy jeans. It reminded me of all the crazy stuff we'd do back in Homer though, and I'm really glad everyone was up for that instead of clubbing again.

Ah yes, I also had visitors! Mackenzie and Molly from Homer were traveling around Scotland and stayed in Aberdeen with a family friend for awhile. They finally got a hold of me by way of a hand delivered message from the Central Building at Hillhead where I'm staying (I felt very special and important!) and I got to spend about an hour or so showing them my campus before they had to catch their ride. It was very nice to see some familiar faces and I can't wait for more visitors to come!

2 comments:

david santos said...

Excellent posting and very nice photos.
Congratulations.

Frankie Franco III said...

Thanks for the comment? How is school?