Thursday, June 11, 2009

Tonga, Day Six

I slept so well that night, and I now completely believe in the effects of kava. Everyone seemed content to relax on this day which was fine by me. Four of us had been playing cards quite a lot though and were starting to get bored. There was a bowl of chillis from last night's dinner on our table though, so we decided to have a chilli eating contest. It took us one round, with each person eating one chilli, to decide that this was a terrible idea. We resumed our card game but with the added *spice* that the loser of each round would have to eat a chili. Oh man, it made the game so much more exciting. I lost once and took the next round off while I waited for my mouth to return to its usual balmy climate. Those things are hot!

Pretty beach nearby the Hideaway

Dinner was the best by far this night. I had pan-fried fish for the second time and this time it was snapper instead of tuna. Oh my gosh, I really never thought fresh fish from Homer could be rivaled... but this was right on par with it. It was so tender and just fell apart so well. Mmmmm, 'Eua definitely gets my stamp of approval for fish.

Pan fried snapper and tapioca chips: My most tastiest of meals
Be jealous
.

That night we decided to drink and cleaned out the Ikale beers from the bar fridge. It was fun to play some familiar American drinking games again and I am now very fond of the Ikale beer. Ben took some neat photos of the night sky with my tripod too. I also spent about an hour playing with the kittens behind the bar.

The Hideaway at night with the moon, so bright I never needed a torch

No comments: