Friday, June 5, 2009

Departure for Tonga:

Whew, packing is stressful always... and I always feel like I'm forgetting something especially on the way to the airport. That feeling subsides once I've checked in though and as I start to relax, I also start to get tired. It's been a long day what with my last three lectures, running around campus after my tent and other supplies and even squeezing in a moment to chat with my mom and book a couple nights at a hotel for our upcoming adventures. I feel accomplished now as I sit here on this uncomfortable ledge (the only place close to a power outlet) and it's finally sinking in that I'm leaving chilly Dunedin and flying north to some much happier temperatures. Bring on the sun!

Flights:

No problems here... except that I learned one more lesson. Do not drink two glasses of wine before going through customs. The forms have such tiny writing and the questions are complicated... how long have I been in New Zealand? Do I have more than 10,000 NZD of currency on me?

Wine and cheese was choice though and I'll probably do it again on the way back if offered. Watched a great movie "He Just Not That Into You" while munching on the many snacks I brought with me. Snacks are such a must on international flights.

No comments: