Monday, August 21, 2006

Current Location: Couch - C-Street - Greencastle - Indiana

Hello all! I'm finally here in lovely Greencastle, Indiana, looking out on a gorgeous sunny day on campus. I've been moved in for two days now and I've settled pretty good. I really like my residence which is College Street Hall, especially since it has big comfy couches in two different lounges and a full kitchen for...whatever! It has a great setup and great people that make up for the slightly smaller rooms. Not to worry though, I even like my dorm room which I am sharing with Olivia Lobdell from Indianapolis, IN. We bunked the beds and moved the desks and dressers around with her parents help the first day and got everything else unpacked before that night. It's a very cozy, homey kind of place which will be great because all I plan on doing there is sleeping. This hall just has such nice common rooms that everyone just chills out here. Much more comfortable.

Orientation has been interesting so far. I met my mentor group yesterday and spent nine hours with them! Nine! After many ice breakers and games led by our student mentors Sarah and Michelle we knew eachother pretty well. It's good to have a few friends outside of College Street. It's a better group than most and it seems we'll all get along just fine for this first semester. I took placement tests as a part of orientation this morning, Spanish and Calculus and somehow tested out of the first semester of spanish. I was very surprised, but happy too since this means I only have to take one semester of spanish to complete my requirements. I haven't gotten my Calculus results yet....I'll keep you posted on how that turns out.

All that school business aside, these first few days have been really good with moving in, meeting people, getting used to more responsibilities, eating differently...all that good stuff. I'm sure I'll have much more stuff to talk about later on so I'll keep using this journal thing and hopefully that will work for everyone. Hope everyone is doing awesome in Homer town! Keep me updated on any essential news!

No comments: