Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Current Location: F18 - King's College - Aberdeen

First day of rugby practice! It was at 6:30pm so Gill and I went to dinner earlier and ate quickly so we could make our ride. I was a bit apprehensive at first, just because it's scary to join a new club. It's almost like you have to re-learn the game all over again.

Luckily the practice went well... just a bit of running and passing drills before we split into forwards and backs. I've played positions in both groups, but I went with the forwards since I liked being in the scrum better. I was placed in my old position as eight-man, the last person in the scrum and we did a few practice scrums before breaking up. It was really dark at that point, around 8:30pm. We'll see how the practices go when it gets darker even earlier!

Classes are still... going. Not the most interesting courses I've taken but I'm still hoping they will get better, maybe even a bit challenging? I guess I better be careful what I wish for, eh?

No comments: