Thursday, October 23, 2008

Current Location: 4th Floor Window - Queen Mother Library - Aberdeen

It's a blustery day outside, but very pleasant to watch all cozy and warm from a window overlooking the whole of campus. I'm just on my two hour break in between classes, which does not leave enough time to hoof it back up to Hillhead so I usually hang out in the library. I only have two more lectures, Environmental Systems and History of Art, then I'm freeeeeee for the weekend. I love having Fridays off!

Yesterday's rugby game was rather pleasant. Once again we were pushed around and ended up losing.... but by a smaller margin than the Dundee game so at least the team is improving. Can't say I added to that improvement though, I think I could have played a heck of a lot better. Still, I did my best and got my hands on the ball a few times. I got to be a lifter during line outs this game too, which always makes me happy! In any case, it was a beautiful day to play rugby and I think Morgan and the couple Wavell guys that came down to watch enjoyed themselves. Morgan got some good photos which I will steal from him sometime and post up here eventually.

After the game I dragged Morgan along with me to the rugby social at The Bobbin. There were many delicious burgers and pints consumed before we took off for the train station. I needed to buy some tickets to go to Glasgow on November 3rd for a concert, and it was nice to stretch out after that game. We stopped by a grocery store afterward and had a little picnic on a hill overlooking this massive cemetery and all the way to the harbor and ocean. Even when the wind kicked up and the sun went down, it was a very pretty spot to sit and talk, so sit and talk we did until we were done with our beers. It was lovely to have someone to talk to about people back home and traveling around Europe and all those things that none of my friends here can really relate to. It wasn't terribly late when we went our separate ways... but I was hurting after the game and needed the sleep to be coherent in my classes today!

No comments: