Sunday, October 26, 2008

Current Location : S33 - Wavell House - Aberdeen

Mmmm, brunch was good this morning. I'm getting used to these gigantic Scottish breakfasts that are full of massive amounts of protein and odd things like beans on toast and black pudding. They even have deep fried toast here... just normal toasted bread that's been fried and tastes incredibly artery-clogging, if that qualifies as a taste.

After brunch I was feeling rather ambitious and decided to enjoy the sunny day by taking a walk to the beach. On the way while trying to lure a kitty cat near me, I ran into a girl named Katie who recognized me from somewhere (she couldn't remember and I had no idea) and we walked along together for awhile. It is always nice to meet new people in unexpected places! Once we got to the beach we went our separate ways since I really wanted some time to myself. I was originally going to wander a little ways down the beach, but once I started walking I didn't stop until I had gone way past wherever I had been before. I sat on a big chunk of rock for awhile to watch the waves by myself, then stood up only to hear a sickening *rriiip*. I got a bit of my trousers stuck on the rock and ripped out a big hole right on my butt! I fretted over it for awhile... then decided there was nothing I could do about it so I kept on walking. When I realized the sun was starting to go down, I turned around and headed back, still picking up little bits of sea glass and porcelain on the way. When I got to the road I crosssed halfway and was walking down the raised thing in the middle of the two lanes of traffic when a van full of guys (obviously on a sports team) drove by. Someone yelled something at me as they went by... but then the van stopped at a red light and I had to walk past them again. This time they were whistling and I was so embarrassed because there were a couple older people walking the opposite way that were looking at me and the van trying to figure out what was going on. The light finally turned green and I was allowed to finish the rest of my walk in peace!

No comments: