Monday, January 19, 2009
I woke up late again and took my first shower at Seth's since his electricity got fixed. Hurray for non-candlelit bathrooms! I made an omelet while Seth was at church and then he, Jenna and I took a bus to Ohrid. It wasn't a spectacular journey since the sun went down and we couldn't see any of the scenery, and of course the views of Ohrid were a mystery as well once we were dropped off. Jen and I ordered coffees by ourselves (no help from Seth!) while Seth went and found a room for us. Dinner was spent with Chris, a travel guide writer doing the Macedonian bit for Lonely Planet, and his wife. Conversation was lovely as was the food, starting with an enormous pile of toasted, spiced bread and cheese and ending with a bowl of pork and brown sauce that was very delicious but oh-so-filling that I couldn't finish the last couple pieces. We said our good-byes to Chris and his wife, thanking him for all the valuable travel advice and went back to our room. A hilarious Canadian movie about search and rescue dogs was on, so we watched that and then fell asleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment