Oh blissful sleep uninterrupted by cranky train conductors, how I missed thee!
The nap before dinner was divine and I nearly slept right through dinner. Yawning and stretching we joined the rest of the hostel-ers at the table, yet I'm sorry to say we were a pretty poor addition to the conversation. Once the pesto-pasta-parmesan was placed in front of me all my available attention went straight to that. It was delicious though and once full, I was very close to following the rest of them straight back to bed.
I'm glad I didn't because the night was beautiful and clear and walking along the canals and through the nearly empty streets was so romantic in a way. It was a very different Venice. We sat down at a restaurant by the Rialto bridge and ordered glasses of white wine and shared a tiramisu. There was certainly no better way to spend that night. Even navigating the twisty and deceiving streets back to our hostel was quite easy and falling into bed for the second time that day was the perfect end to our first day.
Woke up early enough to take a shower before breakfast... probably isn't that hard since this laid back hostel serves breakfast at ten. Mmm, they served slices of blood oranges today which I've never had before. They were delicious. Now I'm just on another bright orange comfy couch staring out the big floor to ceiling windows at the buildings and canal out there. It reminds me of Barra de Navidad, Mexico for some reason, maybe just the crumbly buildings and bright towels hanging on the clotheslines.
No comments:
Post a Comment